The knee joint takes on a lot of stress every day. It is a stable joint that is continuously being bombarded with micro traumas. Over time the accumulation of these daily micro traumas can lead to knee pain and discomfort.
Common conditions we see in our office include:
- Cartilage injuries
- IT band syndrome
- Ligament injuries
- Osgood’s schlatter
- Meniscus injuries
- Tendon injuries
- Referred Pain from other areas
All of these conditions are diagnosed and cared for by our chiropractic joint specialist. The knee is a joint that is located in the middle of the lower extremity so knee pain can be caused by improper foot support or low back and pelvic dysfunctions. That is why our team will evaluate the entire lower extremity as well as the pelvis and low back. A knee problem can also affect the joints in other areas of the body and it is important to address these changes as well.
When should I get chiropractic?
- If knee pain is limiting your day-to-day or sporting activities.
- You have been given painkillers or taken anti-inflammatories and been told to rest with no long-term improvement.
- You have been told you have arthritis and there is nothing that can be done.
- Knee pain or restricted motion.